So, you have finally booked your American airline flight ticket to your favorite vacation destination. But you just saw that your name on the ticket is not the same as your passport. You’re worried and thinking if I can travel in an airline under an incorrect name then the crisp answer is “No”. Airlines don’t allow you to board your plane if you have an incorrect name on the ticket. However, before you cancel it and consider rebooking, you need to take the American Airlines Name change Policy in consideration. This awesome policy ensures passenger’s convenience. Read on to learn more about this policy to make ticket name changes.
HOW YOU CAN MAKE AA AIRLINES NAME CHANGE ON TICKET?
Under American Airlines Name change Policy, you can edit your name on the booked ticket. You may be charged some amount of change fee by the respective airline for processing your name changes. Minor and major changes are usually permitted by AA airlines. However, you need to confirm this from the customer service center of your airline. The executive will help you with the necessary details for the American airline name change on ticket.
The methods to make ticket name change under the American Airlines Name correction policy are:
- Online Method: Login to your passenger account on the official airline website and make the necessary changes following the options & instructions given on the website itself.
- Offline Method: You can simply get in touch with airlines customer care center where an executive will take your name change request and may ask you for the necessary documents for further verification purpose. This way your ticket name change request is processed.
Note: If you have booked any flight ticket through a travel company, ask your agent for the required changes. As he has booked the ticket initially, he the only one who can modify any details on your reservation.
TYPES OF NAME CHANGES ALLOWED & DOCUMENTS NEEDED
Before you login to your passenger account or ask your travel agent to make the necessary name modifications, you must have information about the type of name changes as well as documents needed to support your actual name registered in the government-issued ID or passport.
TYPES OF NAME CHANGES
These changes can vary from airline to airline. So, you should confirm from customer care officials to avoid any time waste and inconvenience.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Inverted Name
- Initial or Middle Name
For name change after
– Marriage: submit your marriage certificate.
– Divorce: submit the divorce decree.
– Adoption: submit the legal adoption papers.
– Legal name change: submit any valid government-issued ID.
So, you can travel in an airline under an incorrect name by leveraging the American Airlines Name correction policy.